Oil Cooler Fittings

To: "Team Thicko" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Cooler Fittings
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:48:49 -0600
I have a situation I am hoping someone can give me some guidance on. I bought
a new oil cooler from Mini Mania 5 months ago, never got round to installing
it. It is a replacement for the one that was on Redd when the Carillo rod
disintegrated.

The problem is that the Mini Mania cooler has weird fittings. The Mini Mania
cooler has what looks like 10 AN fitting tht are females but with the threads
on the outside (see www.spridgetmania.com catalog). My old cooler had male
fittings (with the threads on the outside). My old hoses (which I've pressure
blasted to clean them out) fit the old oil cooler fittings but not the Mini
Mania fittings. But neither Summit nor Pegasus offer an adapter for my female
hose endings and the weird Mini Mania oil cooler female fittings. Kris Larsen
at SOS suggested I return the oil cooler, but I'm not sure Mini Mania will
accept it. Does anyone know of a source for the AN adapters that I need?

TIA

Bud

Whitey - 1275 Street Bugeye
Redd - 948 Race Bugeye (needing a new oil cooler for her new engine)
SilverStreak - 1275 Race Sprite
"The Buddha... resides as comfortably in the gears of a...transmission as he
does in the petals of a flower"

- Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and  the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance