Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Bugeye Group..... RE: SOS '05 wrap up

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Bugeye Group..... RE: SOS '05 wrap up
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:37:48 -0600
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
From "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob at webtv.net>
To: "William Thompson" <willy1959@gmail.com>; "Peter C."
<nosimport@mailbag.com>
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>; "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:01 PM

Well, Willy....

yanking on chain or rattling cage notwithstanding.....

it's not that the car won't do it, it's that I
won't do it to the car! And not because
it WON'T make it, but because there is no
good reason I can think of why it SHOULD
HAVE make it at all, to begin with. :)

If I can come up with the time off at the right time of the year, along with
a way to
get the car out there for reasonable cost
while conveying myself in reasonable comfort, then we go. If not, we don't.
Now
I hope we do. So, we'll see if it all comes
together at the right time.

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog

Gee whiz, Cap'n, that is exactly what a car is for -- transportation.  If
your esteemed "RG" motor can't make it that far without strain, maybe it's
time for a different motor.  Whether you choose to drive it that far or not,
don't blame the fragility of the motor.  If it can't be trusted to make the
trip, it's junk.  If you bought junk, bite the bullet and buy a new motor.