Re: Tire size

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>, <RBHouston@aol.com>, <jengfehr@ford.com>, <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire size
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 11:04:41 -0800
> increase unsprung weight
A bigger tire should have more grip, but the increased unsprung weight will
make it harder for the suspension to keep the tires in contact with the
ground, so it's a trade-off.  I don't know who wins, but either way, it's a
small difference. I'd be more concerned about putting 175/70s on a 4" rim.
It might stay on the wheel and not rub, but the flex in the sidewall will
make the handling and turn-in feel sloppy.
BZ