RE: Can't Make it Here Anymore

To: "Mark Hineline" <hineline@ocotillofield.net>
Subject: RE: Can't Make it Here Anymore
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 10:53:04 -0500
Cc: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Mark,
No, as you say, there's nothing new about the people's attempts to impress
others.  But, it was much less of an obsession, when I was a kid.  When I
was growing up, back in the 50s & 60s, I was always taught never to be so
crass as to display "wealth", real or imagined.  Material success was far
more understated, in those days (at least, where I lived), than it is today
("if ya got it, FLAUNT it", or, at least make everyone THINK ya got it).
Bud Osbourne