Re: SUVs

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: SUVs
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 16:16:40 -0600
Nobody has argued that they don't have their uses, and in limited cases, are
absolutely necessary.  The disagreement was whether they are safer than
normal cars and whether they are always reasonable.

Getting an Expedition solely so mommy can drive her little brat to soccer
practice is not reasonable, IMO.  Buying an Expedition for regular towing IS
reasonable.  Driving an Expedition 365 days a year because you may find a
need for it for 1 day a year... well, figure it out.

If you need it, you need it.  I'd guess at least 90% of the SUV's on the
road are not needed.