Re: Spridget woody

To: "Mark Hineline" <hineline@ocotillofield.net>
Subject: Re: Spridget woody
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 07:54:46 -0800 reply-type=response
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Unlike most of the American woodies, the wood on the Morris Traveler is
structural, not decorative.  The entire rear rear of the Traveler is
supported by the wood frame.  The side panels are screwed to the wooden side
frames.  The rear doors are wood framed and mount to hinges bolted to the
wooden rear posts. When it comes to structural use of the wood, the Traveler
is more of a woodie than most of the American stuff.  When I rebuilt my
wife's Traveler, I completely assembled the wooden frame for test fitting
without any of the metal attached.  The metal panels and 'hood' are only
subsequently applied to the wood, not the other way around.

If you're talking about the wood being tacked on, you must mean the Mini
Traveler.

Glen Byrns