Re: Bolt and thread question...

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bolt and thread question...
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 09:47:16 -0500 reply-type=original
Jim,

Your local hardware store should have those bolts.  They are just SAE fine
thread bolts - 5/16ths x 24 - nothing fancy.  Nearly every nut, bolt, and
screw on your car is SAE fine thread.

The brazing may have been an attempt to repair the backplate.  I understand
the cast backplates were prone to cracking.

Rick