Re: Bolt and thread question...

To: Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net>
Subject: Re: Bolt and thread question...
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 09:45:31 -0600
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Thanks to all for the bolt size & thread...etc.   Last time I got
this far into an MG was my old '46 TC over in England and there
everything was a mix of SAE, British Standard Fine, and Whitworth.
Lord, what a RPIA!!   Nice to know the spridgets are all SAE fine!

Have just about all my parts and will hopefully have the Midget
back on the road in a couple of weeks. One thing is a little
bothersome...  on the back plate, there is a round raised area
with the MOWOG emblem on it. This is the part that looks like
it has been brazed back on. While the flywheel isn't exactly
hitting it, the clearance between it and the flywheel is probably
in the area of a few thousands!! You can barely see light between
them!  Should it be that close??

I've decided to clean some of the oil and crud out of the engine
bay before putting everything back in but I'm not ready to do the
whole restoration thing in there just yet. I'm thinking steam
cleaning or Simple Green and carwash pressure hose.  Anyone
offer any suggestions on this??

Cheers!!
Jim - disassembled Midget in Dodge City
--