Re: Bolt and thread question...

To: <bmwwxman@gmail.com>, <dmeadow@juno.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bolt and thread question...
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:07:49 -0600
I had my 948 a year or so ago, the oil pump cover was welded on in some
fashion on it too: brazed, soldered, welded, I don't know. I did have a
problem with the pin drive oil pump (all stock stuff) that I got from an
incredibly reliable source, and had Peter (oops) scratching his head as I had
to file off bits of the pump to fit the rear cover. Just a heads up on the
possiblity of a fitment problem.
There are quite a few bolts holding the rear plate on, keep that in mind. I'd
go for the middle-of-the-road Grade 5's myself, my 2 pence.
Dan G