RE: Sprite 50th Anniversary

To: "Biff Jones" <biffjones@erols.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sprite 50th Anniversary
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:23:14 -0500
Cc: <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
While I don't expect that I really "have a vote" on this one, I have to say
that the idea of a 50th Anniversary celebration for the Sprite (including
Spridgets) is very appealing to me.
However, my vote for an ideal venue (and I mean no offense to the mid-west,
but....) would be someplace that is not flat, featureless, and stinkin' HOT.
Wisconsin has lots to recommend it, and might attract guys like me (maybe a
good reason to hold it elsewhere!!) but, what about them Tennessee
mountains?  Beautiful country, and lots to see & do.  Mountain road driving
is just about my favorite outdoor sport, too.
One problem I see is that, for maximum attendance/accessibility, this
country of ours is just too damn BIG.  Realistically, it might be better to
have celebrations in the Eastern, and Western US, on different dates.  That
way, more could have a reasonable expectation of being able to attend one or
the other, and some lucky folks might be able to attend BOTH.
Just some food for thought.
Bud Osbourne