Re: Sprite 50th Anniversery

To: <bmwwxman@gmail.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite 50th Anniversery
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:51:56 -0600
I went ahead and joined the Yahoo group (maybe an appropriately named group?).
I think the Rockford site should be looked at closely. Maybe it would pay to
contact the Triumph group (VTR?) which has used this area (The Clocktower
Resort) for different events. The is lots of available lodging, I know a few
of them have the Triunphs out in the lot when this is taking place, and Hilton
is building a new one very close to the Clocktower as well. Lots of the
suggestions on the location have great merit, especially in regard to the
scenery. I'm sure Jim would relate that you can't plan on anything by the
weather for something like this. You make your plans and hope for the best no
matter where the event will happen. The indoor water park will be open this
fall (I am in and out of the Clocktower almost every day I work) at the
Clocktower, if you're stinkin' hot, go to the waterpark. No Spridgets in the
pool!
I am admittedly rather biased, because if it comes down to an East and West
meet, more than likely I won't be at either, but Rockford is only an hours
drive for me.
My reason for being at the Clocktower is I work for a bus company that goes to
OHare from this area, which is another thing I can point out; we provide bus
service from O'Hare and Midway (and Downtown Chicago, for those wanting to
Amtrak it) directly to the Clocktower, so those not wanting to drive the
Spridget so far can catch an easy bus trip to The Clocktower, I brought a few
folks there during the last VTR meet. Could also take a side trip and go look
around Downtown Chicago for a day during the meet, had a few at VTR doing that
also. So, just thought I'd throw out those few items of possible interest.
Had a thought, when I thought this would be a Bugeye-only event, for a name
for this: "The Big AN5-0"
Dan