Re: Sprite 50th Anniversery

To: JustBrits_com <justbrits@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite 50th Anniversery
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:59:48 -0600
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Ed,

Hell... I'll be happy to bow out. I have way too much stuff on my
professional and personal plate right now. I sure don't need another
listserv to monitor. I will, however, volunteer to help in any way I can
with the Golden Ann. Cel.

All I was trying to do was help by providing a central clearing house
for event planning. If it's not wanted and if people are leery of Yahoo,
then so be it. Bud Osbourne hit the nail on the head. We need to
all agree on a dedicated listserv and got going on organization of the
event. To me that means putting aside petty biases in favor of the
common good.

I will be quite now and wait until everyone agrees on a single listserv.
Once that is set up, I will refer the 31 people already signed up on
the Spridgets50th list to the new list.

BTW, I'm not sure what software autox.tam.net uses. Can you set
up polls, calendars, automated reminders, member scripts, etc
like you can in Yahoo groups??  Otherwise, Yahoo does provide
all the services you mentioned (including searchable ARCHIVES,
DIGEST & subscribe/unsubscribe) plus many more and you
don't need your own server and software - set up is a lead pipe
cinch as evidenced that *I* can do it!!   ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim - Disemboweled Midget in Dodge City