RE: dueling websites?

To: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: dueling websites?
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:37:09 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Agreed.  But, I think that before we anoint our Fearless Leader, we should
first determine (by polling) where we want to have the event/events, and
whether or not we want to have one event in the east, and another in the
west.
I also think that, before anything is finalized, we should allow sufficient
time for additional thoughts & ideas to be presented, and some (civil,
rational, and reasoned) on-list debate.  Once it has become clear as to what
the majority would like to see take place, potential event czars could then
step forward.  After all, we can hardly expect someone to put his or her
best efforts toward an event that they aren't fully in favor of (due to
location, etc.).
Also, as has been mentioned by others, the event will need some serious
sponsorship from businesses involved with and supporting the Spridget hobby.
Without such support, I don't see much chance of pulling it off.
Bud Osbourne