Re: MGA question, LBC content, just not Spridget

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[882C8DC0:01C62515]
Subject: Re: MGA question, LBC content, just not Spridget
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 15:49:43 -0500
The MGA is a super nice car, much more modern in terms of handling than
many other cars of its day.  The 1500cc engine is a bit anemic when
compared to any of the big TR's of its timeframe.  But if the body is
solid, an MGA will outhandle TR's day-in-and-day-out.  The lines on it
are just wonderful.

Out of all the various British cars that I have owned, my '58 MGA Coupe
is the ONLY one that I want back.  It was great looking, very reliable,
and actually very practical (excepting those truly roasting hot days).
Drum brakes could be a bit scary until they were adjusted properly and I
did have to rewire it as it has some very frightening original wiring,
but I really did love that car....  Had to sell it to pay for grad
school, the new owner spent close to $25K in the mid-80's on restoration
(at least it went to a caring home!) before I lost track of it.

Anyone know of a reasonable MGA MKII deluxe coupe for sale at a decent
price?  Actually any MGA coupe would do...  A nice 1800cc 5 main engine
with OD, MGB GT rear axle, and MGB front brakes would make a really nice
cruiser and still offer some spirit, be virtually bolt-in, offer better
performance, cheaper/easier to find parts, and be a bit more refined
while still being within character.