RE: How do you

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: How do you
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 19:58:54 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ahhh.  Thanks, Chris.  Very interesting website.
Re: my 356's ring gear.  If I had elected to use new parts, the cost of 356
my transaxle rebuild & upgrade would have exceeded $7K.  That little
exercise in "returning to my youth" (which, to be brutally honest with
myself, is why I bought my latest 356).  What I've learned (I guess I,
really, already knew it) is that the Spridgets offer so much more "bang for
the buck", and, if you follow a thorough, and thoughtful maintenance
routine, the (pre-1500) Spridget is more durable & reliable than ANYTHING
ever to come out of the Porsche side of Stuttgart.  And it just drives the
356 guys NUTS when I tell 'em that, 'cause they know I've got the experience
in Spridgets & Porsches to back up my statement ;)
Rule Britannia!
Bud Osbourne