I did it!

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: I did it!
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 20:20:22 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
A couple people suggested the blue wrench, which I tried but I turned the stud (and head) cherry red with 2 mapp gass torches and then I was able to drill a couple of 1/8" holes in the stud, beat a screwdriver into it and unscrew it.
New stud is in, t/stat cover fits, and I am sure the gasket and a little goop will fix the ovaled top of the head at the stud.
thanks for all the replys.

This head is to replace the leaky (oil) head on the BABE rally car.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Your messages not reaching the list?