Re: Ebay Story (Long)

To: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>,John Daniel Caffrey <jdc6@lehigh.edu>
Subject: Re: Ebay Story (Long)
From: Elizabeth Jones <fisher@hctc.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 10:55:45 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I guess we all have different stories with eBay. I have only had one really bad experience, the items were not as described, and 1/3 of them were broken when they arrived - the UPS man even asked if we wanted to return them sight unseen, because the box was so badly damaged. No matter, I saved all my emails and sent them to PayPal and eBay. This wasn't until after I had got her telephone number from eBay and tried to talk to her on the phone. A complete waste of time!! The real problem was time. She had delayed so much, with excuses after excuses. I had tried to be reasonable and understanding, so I lost out because of it. She had used a shipping agency, so UPS wouldn't even talk to me about the problem, and the shipper wouldn't answer any calls from me at all. I believe that UPS paid the shipper but I never received a penny, and because of the delay, neither eBay or PayPal would take any action. She posted negative for me and lied into the bargain, so I went to Square Trade, or whatever it is called. It cost me about $25, she wouldn't reply to them either, so I had her feedback discounted in my total, but her words remain on my feedback. Because my account with PayPal is secured with my bank account they deducted it directly from my account, not using my Visa card, so I couldn't claim through Visa either. She didn't care either way. She had got rid of her items, been paid handsomely for them, and received no censure from eBay or PayPal. I Lost. She was in the wrong. I even kept the broken items and the box because the rep. from PayPal that I talked with said they'd look at the situation again in six months - they wouldn't. The moral of my story is, if you have a problem, no matter how small, make an immediate complaint to eBay, you can always withdraw it later. Any negatives you receive will remain in the text, no matter if they discount them in your totals. My feedback is 100% positive, but the negative comment still sits there.

Buyer Beware !!!

Elizabeth