Re: Ebay Story (Long)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ebay Story (Long)
From: Jay Fishbein <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:23:17 -0500
Your first statement is why I didn't register. They don't need ebay
usernames and other data and if they are so noble why does one have to
be already registered with ebay to use their site?

I agree completely with your other statements. For some reason, some
people see the internet as a reason to be stupid. The same person that
wouldn't buy something sight unseen in a classified ad in the local
paper will do just that over the internet. People respond to
solicitations for personal information without thinking who is asking
and others really think that if they send $4,500 to a foreign stranger,
that person is going to send them $100,000.

It's the same with the posting of information. People post personal
information on websites not giving it a thought what strangers and
lowlifes might be accessing it.

ebay deals are no different than any other transaction whether it be a
classified ad in the newspaper or magazine or through your friend's
friend's cousin. The same percentage of dishonest, less than completely
honest, or on the flipside great people exist on ebay that exist in real
life.

Sure once in awhile you might get less than what you bargained-for by
the seller than turns the damaged portion of the item away from the
camera and blames you for not asking if he is lying in his description,
but in the overwhelming majority of transactions it is a great source
for merchandise.

And as a seller, I can tell you that every buyer out there isn't always
pleasant. I've got about 6 users on my own blocked bidder  list.

I still say, the best ebay test is this. Email the seller, ask him
anything, ANYTHING. The tone of their response, whether they respond at
all, whether answer your question or avoid it with vague statements
gives you the best idea of who you are dealing with.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct <http://home.ix.netcom.com/%7Etype79/>

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/ <http://home.ix.netcom.com/%7Etype79/>

<>"CHANGE IS INEVITABLE, EXCEPT FROM VENDING MACHINES."