Kent 276 vs SW5 Cam Comparison

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Kent 276 vs SW5 Cam Comparison
From: Miniac7@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:09:41 EST
Greetings Fellow Listers,

I currently have a 1275GT engine in my Mini, and am starting the build-spec
process to convert it into a 1293. I am not looking for a road rocket, but
just a reliable, smooth running engine with good power and torque, for spirited

street use. Being a twin carb kind'a guy, I would like to use twin 1.5 SU's,
a  slightly ported and shaved Cooper S 12G940 head, LCB, standard Lucas dizzy
with points and condenser for now ( may go to Pertronix in the future ). I'm
going through the selection process right now for a cam, and am looking for
advice, pro's and con's on the two cams I mentioned. Any help and /or
suggestions relative to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

I have also not selected the pistons or rocker gear at this time, so any
suggestions in these areas would also be helpful.

With any of these issues, if I need to expound on anything else, please let
me know, and I will try to provide as much information as I can.This is your
chance to build a 1293 vicariously through me.

Thank you in advance for taking a look and helping out.

Howard Collins
69' Austin Mini
60' AH Bugeye