Question from a new member

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question from a new member
From: "Neil Anderson" <nlaredbt7@tbc.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 08:47:33 -0600
Hello to all,
I recently joined this list (thanks to Bob Brown) hoping to get some help,
info, support, and such from this group.  I have been a Big Healey owner (BT7)
since 1970 and have owned my current red BT7 since 1984.  I have been a member
of the Midwest AHC since 1980 and have lots of seat time in the red car
driving all over the country going to national meets.

I have a always had the desire to add a Sprite to my garage (well, shop) and
have just found and puchased pretty much what I wanted, a Bugeye restoration
project w/o and engine and gearbox.  I wanted to upgrade to a 1275 and ribcase
box anyway, which I found from another guy.

My question today is if anyone can give an opinion on whether the ribcase
gearbox with possibly a lower geared rear end (3.9, or such) is a good set-up
or if going with a 5-speed box conversion is the best way to go?

I already have the ribcase box from a "69 Sprite, but now may be the time to
think of the alternative.

Thanks,

Neil Anderson
'60 BT7