Re: Question from a new member

To: KrkLH@cs.com
Subject: Re: Question from a new member
From: John Caffrey <jdc6@lehigh.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:11:08 -0500
Hi Kirk,
The 3.9:1 rears seem pretty common if ebay is any indication. There has
been a couple a month  on there recently. The Ford trans needs tunnel
modifications and was used in the Merkurs for only two years, which is
why the Datsun 210 has been so popular here. I bought Paul's
Morriservice kit and a rebuilt transmission for my 67 resto, but after
my return trip from the oshit gathering at Frank's, it may be going in
my 74 Midget before summer. Imagine 4 northbound lanes of the Garden
State Parkway all doing 75-80 mph, and cruising over 5000 rpm. The 3.9
rear by itself is not enough if you want to keep up!
John
Fogelsville, PA