RE: Question from a new member

To: "Neil Anderson" <nlaredbt7@tbc.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Question from a new member
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 10:40:42 -0600
Welcome to the list Neil.  I think I may have met you at one of the
Conclaves....anyway, the higher diff ratio and the 5-speed OD can be
more or less desirable depending on the kind of driving you plan mostly
to do.  I'm not into drag racing or autocross anymore so I have a
"freeway cruiser" Sprite Mk2.  That is, a 5-speed OD and a 3.7 diff from
one of the latest model MG Midgets with a VIN above 200,000.  I can run
80 mph all day long if I choose and I can easily top 100.  But I usually
keep her just above 70.  This equates to about 3400 rpm with my tires
etc..  So, if you're into neck jerking driving, stay with a 4.1 or
lower.  Lots of folks thing a 3.9 is a good compromise.  Lotsa Luck,
Jack