Re: Brake fluid question

To: SDOliner@aol.com
Subject: Re: Brake fluid question
From: "Allen Hefner" <ajhsys@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:36:47 -0500
David,

I would recommend replacing sillycone fluid with a good DOT4 fluid,
preferably one designed for racing.  Suck the old fluid out of the master
cyl with an old turkey baster.  Fill it with new fluid and bleed until the
new stuff comes thru at all corners.  DOT4 is compatible with the little bit
of silicone that will be left.

For boiling points of wet and dry fluid, check out this chart:
www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=BRAKEFLUID

If he will be racing, he should change the fluid after each race.  If he is
only an occasional racer, change it every racing season.

Allen Hefner
Norristown  PA