Re: Brake fluid question

To: SDOliner@aol.com
Subject: Re: Brake fluid question
From: "Allen Hefner" <ajhsys@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:36:44 -0500
Are you sure it is silicone?  I don't know of any test, other than putting
some on a painted surface and seeing if the paint goes away (not silicone).

I do remember hearing that the seals could be a problem when changing
fluids.  That was basically going from DOT4 to silicone after not doing
anything to an old system.  It could be a problem going the other way as
well.

The fuids themselves are compatible.  If this is a properly maintained
racecar (spelled backwards that would be...er...racecar!) the seals and the
brake system should be in top condition.  If they aren't, they should
probably be rebuilt to maintain safety in racing.

Allen Hefner
Norristown  PA