Re: Venus and Mars (little LBC)

To: "Paul Asgeirsson" <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Venus and Mars (little LBC)
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:08:49 -0500
Paul's right.  I'm 61 and still taking long motorcycle trips. As I mentioned
last year I did Alaska all the way to the Arctic Ocean. 600+ miles every
day for two weeks. I'm riding a BMW K100LT with over 100K miles on it.
I have two more in the garage (1964 R60/2 and 1976 R90/6) and each of
them has over 100K. Of course, if I had to do that kind of riding on a
Harley, well.......

For me, the arthritis began setting in at age 56. Nowadays I don't camp
off the bikes as much as I used to. A nice bed in a motel every other
night or so helps a lot for my arthritic back. I haven't taken any long drives
with the Midget yet (still some work to do to make it that reliable) but
I've already discovered how damned HARD the seats are! I'm fashioning
a travel cushion for 4" memory foam and taking a lumbar pad when I
get to that point.

Man!  A lot of you guys are 10 years younger than me and you sound
like you are ready to move into a rest home!!!  If I could get enough time
off work, I'd RIDE the 1976 BMW to Busters place. Time is my only
problem.

Cheers!!
Jim - defiant Midget in Dodge City
--