Re: Front Brakes WTF?!?

To: "Chris K" <ckotting@wideopenwest.com>,
Subject: Re: Front Brakes WTF?!?
From: "David Riker" <davriker@digitalpath.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 21:52:38 -0700
This probably isn't your problem unless you just worked on it recently, but
it happened to me.

The brake light switch also acts as the adjustment mechanism for free play
in the brake pedal.  If it is screwed too far in, it will cause the exact
problem you describe.  Back the switch out several turns until there is
about 1/2" free play in the pedal before you feel any pressure when
depressing the pedal.
David Riker
David Riker
davriker@digitalpath.net