Re: Again, Mini overheat troubles.

To: Geoff Branch <gjbranch@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Again, Mini overheat troubles.
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 19:12:30 -0400
Geoff Branch wrote:

> Do we know that water is flowing through out the block?  Passage plugged?
>
> This is a weird one, Frank!

Yes water is flowing. Yes it has it's 2nd new water pump just incase the
1st new one was no good. Different brand this time, a good one.
The block was tanked before assembly, and we checked block and head flow
seperatly.
New stat, no stat, blanking sleeve, no sleeve, the rad is cooling.
It goes to hot in a couple minutes but as soon as you switch it off and
then just switch on the key, the temp reads normal at the sender.
As long as it's not running. fFire it up and instant "H" and no oil
pressure. (new oil too)
You can stick your finger in the rad for a few seconds, no boil over,
fan is pshing thru the rad as it does on a Mini.
The Mini guys are as stumped as I am.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ