Re: Bugeye Group..... Re: Pinion Seal

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, "Spridget" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Group..... Re: Pinion Seal
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 08:57:55 -0500
At 08:40 PM 5/29/2006, Larry & Sandi Miller wrote:

>I just checked, it's 5.5" from flange to the bulkhead. My smallest impact is
>7" without the socket. 1 1/8" socket will add at least 1" - 1 1/2" so no go.
>Pain in the ass. I just put the damn thing in, put oil in it and it ran out
>the other end. :-( Should have replaced it before installation as I usually
>do on an unknown pumpkin.
===============
Larry,
         I HAVE done it. In the car. Drive shaft undone and tied up
(NOT removed). Car on stands. Hand brake on hard. 3/4" ratchet with
socket. Suitable diameter pipe to go over ratchet handle. 6 feet
long. Jump on it. The car may want to fall off the stands, so be
careful. One particularly tight one, I lowered the car back on the
ground and had someone stand on the pedal. (they put it in gear, but
that was after they had had a few too many beers).
         But, I have done it, several times.

Peter C.