Ribcase gearbox question

To: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ribcase gearbox question
From: "David Camp" <dxcamp@bsink.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 07:54:43 -0400
After a 3 year restoration, my bugeye is finally almost ready to put back on
the road - EXCEPT for one minor problem - no reverse. It has a 1275 and a
ribcast gearbox - 1 thru 4 work great, but I can't find reverse. The only
thing I did to it was to remove the shifter and I suspect I installed it wrong
or lost a part. There is a small piece that looks like a .22 cartridge with a
spring in it that fits in a hole on the right side and a round plate which
holds the shifter in place. Am I missing something? How do I assemble this?
Please help - I don't want to only park on hills!

Thanks,

Dave Camp