Re: Don't break down near Soddy Daisy, TN

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Don't break down near Soddy Daisy, TN
From: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 19:33:12 -0500
Lemme see if I got this right...

You are in dire straights on a long rally.

It's a holiday weekend..

It's late at night...

You have spent several weeks preparing your car (With at least two
transmission rebuilds IIRC)..

Halfway through the rally (More or less) your tranny rebuild craps
out to 1st and 4th gear knocking you out of the rally..

You get in touch with a BUSINESS

The business owner gives up his sleep..

Provides you with a needed part, better than what you had..

PLUS an adaptor that he sells for a profit..

Allows you use of his shop until you are finished..

All of which allows you to finish the rally without having to either
drive back in only two gears (Not much fun but doable) or leave the
car, fly home, come back another week witha  suitable tow vehicle,
tow the car back to Jersey, then take the 3 trannys that you have to
see if you can get one good one..

He wants to charge you (My guess here) $ 400 plus the cost of the
tranny and you're complaining?!

And you spend all of your spare time berating the quality of cheap
Chinese tools and lamenting the loss of good ol American quality
workmanship??!!!

Just wanted to be clear before I make a decision regarding  Rivergate..

Lester