Re: Universal Fuel Pump...

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Universal Fuel Pump...
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 18:59:54 -0500
> The only way to ensure the availability of top quality, OE spec parts is
> to make it economically feasible for the manufacturers to produce them.
> The only way to do that is to BUY them, and to keep insisting/demanding
> a high standard of quality from our suppliers.

I can agree with that. I also think it is necessary to find some way of
shopping for quality rather than for price. Just how that would work, I am
afraid I do not know. I will cheerfully spend more for a better part, but
how can I tell which is the best quality? They all look the same in the
catalog and every supplier will tell you that his are the best. People who
shop at Walmart deserve what they get.  I personally shop from a couple of
sources, including a supplier who has multiple sources and is able to tell
me which one has the best quality of a particular part at least some of the
time.
I don't see how buying an SU fuel pump is really going to help much,
however.
David Lieb