RE: Universal Fuel Pump...

To: "'David Lieb'" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>,
Subject: RE: Universal Fuel Pump...
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:21:26 -0400
David,
I'm never looking for an excuse to rant, and it's always done with
tongue in cheek, anyway (and, YES, I should have made that distinction
in my initial post.  Poor judgment on my part, my apologies for any hurt
feelings).....but you missed my point, entirely.
Let's try this: If you keep replacing original parts with
aftermarket/generic/one size fits all, you'll eventually end up with a
car that is merely a caricature of itself.  If that is OK with you,
fine.....it's your car to do what you want with it.
However, eventually, if too many of us are willing to settle for what
many of us consider to be inferior replacement parts, there will be no
incentive for manufacturers to produce high quality, original spec
parts.
I don't care about concours.  Period.  No interest what-so-ever.  What I
do care about is keeping my MG original, and delivering original
performance and reliability, so that I can continue to enjoy the
experience of driving as it was "back in the day" as much as
possible/practical.
If I really need to go faster/be more comfortable, I can leave the
Midget in the garage, and drive a modern, boring, new vehicle.
Bud Osbourne