Re: calling electrical engineers...

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: calling electrical engineers...
From: "Rick Fisk" <refisk@chartermi.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 22:15:35 -0400
> ...........(snip)............ Amazing how long a 6V
> starter will run on 12V!

I used to have a '48 Dodge half ton pickup that had been slightly modified.
:-)  It had an early hemi engine that had a bunch of Stromberg 97's on a log
manifold, Sig Erson cam, headers, high compression pistons, etc.  Didn't
want to turn over very easily.  So I converted the truck to 12 volt, but
retained the 6 volt starter.  That starter spun the hemi like it was a VW
engine and was still working just fine when I sold the truck years later.
The engine spun so fast and started so easily the starter never had a chance
to get overheated.

Rick