Re: Bugeye Group..... Re: Spridget 50th

To: <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: Bugeye Group..... Re: Spridget 50th
From: "Biff Jones" <biffjones@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 13:38:54 -0400
Larry Daniels wrote: "If you look at the Frappr map..........<snip>

Back when Frank woke up the lists with his original email re: the 50th
celebration I did use the Frappr map to determine where the geo-center of
spridget owners was and came up with a site in the middle of nowhere,
Columbia, Missouri.  This proved to be a good disscusion point whereas the
west coasters said they wouldn't travel any further east than Tahoe. Based on
that I drew a line from the western North Dakota state down to Texas/New
Mexico and then used the Frappr map again to recalcuate the geo-center.  This
put the center in a triangle formed by Indianapolis, Indiana - Cincinnati,
Ohio - Louisville, Kentucky.

While combining the 50th with another venture would probably increase
attendance it would also cause scheduling, rooming, and time problems where
you would be basicly competeing for limited resources. This is my personal
opinion but it would also lessen the importance of the event. Scheduling
before or after any other event could work. The west coasters can plan their
own 50th at Tahoe with the big Healey club event.  Of course they would be
welcomed to THE Original 50th event.

I say 'Original' as this event would be a continuation of the every five year
Sprite events put on by Dr. Rick Moses for the last 25 years. It was hoped to
have a National event for all to attend but that does not seem possible with
what had been expressed by owners previously.  This will be billed as "The
National Event" for the 50th anniversary of the Austin-Healey Sprite
reguardless of any other local events.

Biff Jones, 50th Committee member
'Frogarri' '59 Bugeye
'Ole Gray' '61 AH Sprite