Re: welding mufflers

To: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: welding mufflers
From: John Caffrey <jdc6@lehigh.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:13:28 -0400
Hi Robert,
Your vehicle should not have raw gasoline in the muffler, but you would
know if that's a possibility. It would have to be running very poorly.
If the split is due to rust it could be difficult. You end up burning
through the thinner metal and chasing the keyhole around until you get
to better metal. You are not allowed to weld on an exhaust system in my
state, but a clean repair can be disguised. What make of car has a $500
muffler?
John
Fogelsville, PA