Static timing and electronic ign

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Static timing and electronic ign
From: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 20:49:48 -0400
I am preparing to install my Crane electronic ignition on my 1275 with 286
cam.  The instructions seem easy enough but state to "align engine timing
marks".  I can only think that this means to set the marks at the static
timing location.  Timing mark at 7 degrees BTDC (per my shop manual) and
points just opening on the compression stroke on #1.

My questions are:
        With a hotter cam does the static timing change.  And,

        Since the car is already timed for the points ignition do I need to
actually change the     dizzy to reflect the factory static setting?

        Does the Crane initial setup require the static setting in order to
align the shutter       properly?  Then after that set the required advance
where it needs to be?

Thanks as always.

Phil Nase
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa