RE: Static timing and electronic ign

To: "'Bill L'" <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: RE: Static timing and electronic ign
From: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 20:51:14 -0400
Got the car running great with the electronic ignition.   I was stumped for
awhile though.  I had it installed and running then shut it off.  When I got
back to it to adjust the timing it stalled and wouldn't restart.

Checked all the usual items everything seemed ok.  By chance I swapped out
the rotor.  Yup.  New rotor with only a few hours on it was bad.  Hell I
only had two Lucas parts left in the ignition system and 1 failed.

Just for luck I am carrying a spare dizzy with points though.  My luck this
month...a leaky fuel tank,  loose tail pipe falling off and a bum rotor.

The BE is running sweet for now though.

Phil Nase
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa