Re: daily drivers

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: daily drivers
From: chuck <cciaffone@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 19:32:04 -0400
My '72 with Rivergate kit is on the road all year except when
the temps get above 95 and the traffic lights become death
traps (for me, not the Midget). Of course, I have no long commute.
It's the most used car we have. My wife drives a 97 Civic which has
the grand total of 40K miles (wot's that work out to per year?).
We change the oil and filter every 3K, at which time we tweak the
SUs and the timing, and grease anything that moves. We are in the
southeast so rust is not a problem. Mostly we keep on top of cooling
and lubrication. Hydraulics have not been a problem since we rebuilt
them 10 years ago. Other than a broken half-shaft and an dying dizzy,
all of which are easy to fix, we be fine.

chuck