Re: Roller rockers

To: Phil Nase <nase@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Roller rockers
From: John Caffrey <jdc6@lehigh.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 09:12:26 -0400
Hi Phil,
A good choice for a 1.5 ratio street rocker is the forged, plain bearing
rocker formerly manufactured by Keith Dodd. I see that APT still
advertises them, and Seven Enterprises has them also, although there
isn't a picture. I would think the additional wear on #8 rocker is a
result of the shaft being cantilevered off of the pedestal and bending
the shaft. The competition rocker shaft was developed to prevent shaft
breakage from the grub screw hole at the front, the solution being
moving the grub screw to the second pedestal where it has better support.
http://www.7ent.com/detail.cfm?pageid=2786
John