Re: Roller rockers

To: nase@ptd.net
Subject: Re: Roller rockers
From: Michael D Myers <mdmyers_ct@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 23:44:44 -0400
 Phil,

I have not dealt with this seller, but I have looked at a lot of this
type of rocker arm, usually with
needle bearings at the pivot as part of my old job. The roller tip does
not help as you would expect,
it usually has too much friction on the ID to roll and slides across the
valve tip. To make matters
worse, the OD curvature is much tighter than the normal rocker tip which
leads to valve stem pitting
from higher contact stresses. The lower stiffness of aluminum vs. steel
also makes me think these
may be more flexible than the stock rocker.

I am not convinced that they are worth the money.

Mike Myers
Former Torrington engineer