Re: Master Cylinder Sleeves

To: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder Sleeves
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 21:22:00 -0400
rrengineer@dslextreme.com wrote:

> I'm just wondering about my clutch problem with my new Datsun 5 speed
> conversion.  There is no resistance from the clutch pedal until it is
> about halfway through it's travel.

Mike

Did you try adjusting the rod at the master cylinder?
Sometimes the brake/clutch rods get mixed up when they have been
removed. Adjust the master push rod to make it longer, do take care as
to not make it too long or the piston will not return inside the bore to
release the fluid.
Loosen the lock nut and lengthen the rod a couple of full turns, now
press the pedal and see if it helped. Count the turns incase you want to
put it back where you started.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ