Master Cylinder Sleeves

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Master Cylinder Sleeves
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 14:04:12 -0700 (PDT)
I'm just wondering about my clutch problem with my new Datsun 5 speed
conversion.  There is no resistance from the clutch pedal until it is
about halfway through it's travel.  I had the master cylinder sleeved by
White post about 6 or 7 years ago.  Don't they use stainless steel
sleeves?  Sierra Specialties uses brass sleeves for a better rubber to
sleeve seal.  Could it be that the leak I am encountering at the master
cylinder bores could be the clutch piston not sealing in the front part of
the bore, hence no resistance for half the travel of the clutch pedal?
maybe a re-sleeve at Sierra is in order?
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2