Re: 71 Midget Trunion Pin Wear

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 71 Midget Trunion Pin Wear
From: "John Roberts" <robe3099@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 12:10:11 -0500
So it sounds like it was just the PO was unable to line up the notch with
the shockarm pinch bolt and pulled the trunion pin out and super-ground it
until he could more easily hit the notch?

I thought at first that general wear and tear had worn the trunion pin down
that much.  Lots of bouncing up and down.

I am definately going to replace these pins.  Along with the trunion pin
bushings and wheel bearings and tie rod ends.

I am not sure how I am going to get the tie rod ends off though.  They
appear to be FUSED with the tie rod.  =(  Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

John Roberts
Birmingham, AL
71 Midget