RE: Nitrogen

To: "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>,
Subject: RE: Nitrogen
From: "de Brebisson, Cyrille (Calculator Division)" <cyrille@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:19:08 -0600
Hello,

I say (actually, I SHOUT) BULL****

Let us say it was even remotely true...
I fill my tires with 'air', ie: 80% nitrogen, 20% o2...
After 2 month, the o2 went away and I lost 20% of my tire pressure (which with
30 PSI would bring me down to 24PSI, really close to the recomanded 26~28 PSI
for the car anyway...
I refill the missing 20% with 'air', I now have 96% Nitrogen and 4% o2, which,
even if it went away would only bring my tire pressure to 28.8PSI, largely
within the tolerances for the crappy pressure gages that we are using, or the
normal cold/hot changes..
But let us say, I refilled a 1/3 time, I now have 99.2% Nitrogen in my tires
and .08% o2... not really a problem, and it did not cost me $8!

Subject: Nitrogen

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2006/08/22/nitro-tires.html