Re: Bike engined Spridget--now helmet law

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bike engined Spridget--now helmet law
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 16:38:14 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "derf" <derf247@gmail.com>

I had a bike in college.  It is very unwise to ride on the streets
without a helmet.  The old lady in the 1975 Cadillac can't see you and
doesn't care if you have a helmet on or not.  You'll be lucky if she
realizes that she hit you and stops to see if you need help.

==================================

This past summer my youngest brother had some old guy turn right in front of
him in a parking lot.  My brother laid his bike down and went for a slide.
He ended up stopping right at the parking spot the guy was pulling into.  In
fact, the guy parked the car with a rear tire on top of my brother's hand,
got out of the car and started to walk away.  People who saw it stopped him
and made him move the car.  After moving it, he walked away into the store.

Turns out the old guy had Alzheimers.  The family knew it and didn't get his
license yanked.

Between that, stories from Ron Soave of two people he knows who were
seriously hurt this year and the fact that two people that I know were
killed on motorcycles in the last two years, I'm seriously considering
giving up riding.  It's getting too darn dangerous out there.

LD