[Fwd: Re: I know, it's only rock and roll....(BUT)!!!!!!]

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: Re: I know, it's only rock and roll....(BUT)!!!!!!]
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 00:45:46 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: I know, it's only rock and roll....(BUT)!!!!!!
From:    rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date:    Sun, October 22, 2006 12:44 am
To:      "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Cc:      spridgets@autox.team.net

Jim,
     I could buy a crotch rocket for less than 7 grand that will pass my
bike like I was going backwards, but it still would not be a Harley.  I
just don't think you are getting a "thumbs up" from passersby in their
cages (cars) on a crotch rocket or a BMW no matter how
technically superior it is.  To me even a motor scooter is fun to
ride, but they are like fat girls, fun to ride, but you would not
want your friends to see you on one. ;^)
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2
02 HD Heritage Springer (one of only 1879 made that year)

Jim Johnson
> Big Mike writes:
> <snip>
>> Puts out 85 HP and 101 ftlbs of
>> torque.  Moves my fat a** around with authority.
>
> Box stock BMW K100LT - 550 less cc's, 110 lbs less weight, 95 BHP at the
rear wheel,  and quiet....   No need to be loud when you can quietly
kick a$$...  Gotta love it...   ;-)

> Oh... and no need for all that chrome when you can kick a$$ on the
highway....

> 17 years old - 240K miles, never opened up and still running hard.
>
> Cheers!!
> Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City
> --
> 1964 R60/2 BMW
> 1968 MG Midget
> 1976 R90/6 BMW
> 1990 K100LT BMW
> Thomas Huxley - "It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of
importance."