Re: [Fwd: Re: I know, it's only rock and roll....(BUT)!!!!!!]

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: I know, it's only rock and roll....(BUT)!!!!!!]
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:23:39 -0500
To me a Harley is still an American bike.
Toyotas made in the Carolinas or wherever are still Japanese cars.
When I was younger I thought I'd have a Harley when I got older.  My
dad had many Harleys.
But, my preferences have changed and so has Harley.
If I were in the market for a bike I would look at the Harleys.  But,
I'd probably go with a Suzuki, BMW, or maybe a Ducati or something
more in the sport bike vein.
I guess I'm just getting old.  For years I thought about going to
Talledega to watch a race.  But, now that I've talked to people that
have gone, it is something I chose to avoid.  One buddy said : "You
either have to really love racing or you have to love the idea of a
drunken redneck mardi gras party on steroids.  Too many boobs and
drunken fools for me."  As a teenager I could tolerate drunken fools.
But, now people using alcohol as an excuse to act stupid is just too
annoying.  Again, getting old here.
You riders, be it on Harleys or whatever, be careful out there.

A funny quote from a friend of mine recently:
"The only thing worse than two $%^@^$% lawyers on Harleys is two
%$$&&$% lawyers on Gold Wings."