Re: No LBC - Miata Recommendations

To: <Wilkmanracing@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No LBC - Miata Recommendations
From: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:46:39 -0800
In the late nineties, I was interested in getting a Miata so I decided to
rent one and drive up the coast to Monterey and back. That's about 800 miles
round trip. Unfortunately, the only rentals had automatics, power steering,
and power windows. I didn't mind the power windows so much, but the car
drove very much like a '72 Pinto with the optional suspension kit. Since
everybody raves about them, I can only assume that the automatic made a big
difference. It was definitely NOT tossable. It was always in the wrong gear,
and trying to shift manually was futile because there was always about a 1
1/2 sec. lag before the gears changed. I also don't see the point in having
power steering on any car that weighs under 4000lbs. If she HAS to have an
automatic, get her one of those "sporty" Cadillacs.
BZ