Re: Re: No LBC - Miata Recommendations

To: Wilkmanracing@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: No LBC - Miata Recommendations
From: <hobbycars@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:04:28 -0800
---- Wilkmanracing@aol.com wrote:
... my latest Porsche  Boxster S, which I ended up selling
 for about half its original $60,000 price  tag (depreciation is huge on these
cars.) Why? because I was sick of costly  repairs, slip-shod construction, and
problems Porsche insisted were  "normal".  While it would blow the socks off
most anything on the road  and was incredible through turns, it was not as fun
to drive as my Miata.

That's funny.... Last April,I sold my 2001 Boxster S with very low mileage for
the same reasons, and I also got half what I paid for it. The first thing that
really annoyed me was when my dealership refused to honor the warrantee on a
battery replacement after less than two years since new because, in the words
of the service manager,  "you don't use your Porsche enough - you must drive
the car at least 1000 miles a month, and you have not done that".  Things did
not get better after that.

My best friend has well over 100,000 miles on his 1990 base Miata, and I cannot
recall him having any repairs besides normal wear items.

JLC