Re: midget alternator conversion help

To: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Subject: Re: midget alternator conversion help
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 22:49:36 -0500
Billy Zoom wrote:

> While we're on the subject, does anybody have an alternator conversion
> wiring diagram that labels connections correctly...as in "field coil,
> armature", etc. instead of just "fat wire", or "skinny brown wire"?
> I find this kind of over-simplification to be too complicated.

To really complicate the wiring, hook the field wire to the ignition
light. Eliminate the earth wire. Hook all the other wires together.
On the alternator the field wire now powers the ignition light.
The "B" terminal now feeds everything else that is hooked to the "B"attery.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ